mardi 18 novembre 2008
Josephine from aubergine tagged me and you should check it because it would seem she started her blog to be interesting and not talk about herself. Allow me to hyperlink.
I sincerely hope you don't waste your time reading this blog. Unless you don't have a life. Then please, join me. I always have snacks and my kitten's pretty bomb.
1. Were you named after anyone? Hm...My middle name is marie which was my grandma?
2. Do you still have your tonsils? is that suppose to be wisdom teeth? yes. to both.
3. Would you bungee jump? i'd say no now but i could probably be convinced.
4. What is your favorite cereal? hmm nope. sorry. mama mo'niq (um yeah, thats really my mother's name) never really raised her young on cereal.
5. Do you untie your shoes when you take them off? Not really a shoelace wear-er...
6. What is your favorite ice cream? passion fruit
7. What is the first thing you notice about people? um..face? i think i'm failing at this.
8. What is your least favorite thing about yourself? my lazyness skills could put anyone to shame. i can swallow whole days with just some food and antm reruns.
9. What was the last thing you ate? thai food.
10. What are you listening to right now? tv on the radio.
11. Last movie you watched? french boyfriend had us see body of lies which isn't my kinda thang but whatever. I like popcorn.
12. What did you dream about last night? oh god ok. somehow the boyfriend and i had accumulated not 1 but 4 cats. one of them was hot pink and the size of my hand. another one was too fat to move. haha thats all i remember.
13. What book are you reading? invitation to a beheading, vladimir nabokov
14. Summer or winter? fall. i cheated.
15. Do you have any special talents? i did once win a dreidel contest.
Whats truly, deeply, really unfair? Guess who strolled on into my boyfriends restaurant the other day?
This bad bitch. And daughter Lou. What the fuck?? Boyfriend, obviously, did not appreciate this as much as I would have.
Me: "so how did she look?"
Boyfriend: "oh...you know, like a poor girl" (Thank you les francais)
Boyfriend: "She was wearing like a jean from monoprix and a simple t-shirt"
[I should make play writing my career]
Lara stone from November i-D (thefashionspot.com)
I recently started really loving Lara Stone. First off she's not like 12. I don't have issues with 12 year olds but it makes me feel old to see preteens modeling in Vogue. Next they're going to start chucking fetuses down the catwalk (am I the only one who watches AbFab?). Also I like dutch models. They seem like a peace loving tulip holding clan of fun. And I can say that because I lived in holland as a small child.
Not much of note (ahem besides Ms. "I'm best known as a bag") lately. Had an unfortunate Sunday night where it seemed wise to be bicycling while drinking. I distinctly remember not being able to steer straight and a few falls which could have been deadly had there been cars. I also distinctly remember something about a pole and a lot of old italien men. OH shame.
Finally, since my internet is so shitty (I'm praying it won't delete this post) I haven't been able to keep up with Gossip girl and ANTM. This needs to be remedied immeadiately. It's been too long since I've heard lil J say something angsty.
jeudi 13 novembre 2008
How does it feel to be a french tv superstar michelle? I was watching this show for about an hour the other night and they were just drooling over her. LOVE french tv.
mardi 11 novembre 2008
- Bullets because my brain says so
- Um. Yes, please. If I were a talented person I would attempt this as a dyi.
- So the Marc by marc store just opened here in Paris and it has been fucking bananas over there. Reportedly the parisiens can't get enough of the Marc love. I've been meaning to go over there and it might actually happen now that I live closer to the store. I have this deep inexplicable hate for the metro. I mean I end up taking it sometimes but I like to avoid it. Psyched for marcs cheap goods even though some of the stuff I got last year there has already broken but whatever. c'est pas grave y'all.
- OH. But most importantly, I got a new apartment. I've been looking for 3 months because france is ridiculous and infuriating. But yeah it's pretttyyyy sick (um, sorry I've been talking too much to an ex boyfriend apparently) around saint germain. So thats good, have to unpack so much though and spruce up the place a little. Tragically this means I have to be without Kitten for a few days which is not ok and I don't know how she's going to sleep alone. Kitten has a tattoo. No joke. It's inside her ear.
- So this blogging things kinda weird right? I mean I like it and all but you realize how bizarre it is when you try to explain to someone else that you read about other people everyday and then (if you're me) make rambling boring posts about your life.
- Got a package from topshop yesterday which was awesome, purchases include this boyfriend blazer which I'm now seeing everyone and their mother has
- and those leather skinny pantswhich I had to get a size too large and which everyone also has. Couldn't find good photo documentation of those but chu know what I'm talking 'bout.
- Basically thats all I got right now, sooo busy with the moving that there is definetly no value in doing an outfit post.
- Ps. I'm in a horrible position where I have to choose between seeing Uffie + Santogold OR Simian mobile disco. Any advice or soothing words would be appreciated.
dimanche 9 novembre 2008
Kitten is the cutest thing ever. Still unnamed, I'm concerned she's going to think her name is "little cat" forever. One drunken night I proclaimed to my boyfriend that her name would be "cuddle patches" to which he appropriately eyed me as a crazy. Her obsessions include pork and bananas and I'm pretty sure she thinks shes a little lion. It's difficult to take pictures of her though because shes so curious about the camera so I have to sneak up on her national geographic style.